Monday, August 18, 2008

Part two...Utah

On Tuesday we visited Thanksgiving point, Dinosaur Museum with the Nortons. Wow! That place is big and very crowded. Then we went to IKEA for lunch. YUM!! I had a salad and my main man had the Swedish meatballs...so yummy. Then we got lost in IKEA for about two hours, and only covered one floor of the store,( yes, it is that big). At about six pm we met Grandma & Grandpa and went up in the big Cottonwood canyon for a stay at the cabin. The boys slept for a while. Wednesday we hiked around silver lake. It is very beautiful. The kids loved the animals we saw... Chipmunks, ducks, bugs, fish... it was fun. Thursday we hiked up to donut falls. There has been a rock slide since the last time I was up there, but it is still beautiful. I couldn't believe how awesome my kids were. Even the little one hiked by himself the entire time.Friday Morning we came back into town(SLC) By way of park city and their fabulous Outlet mall. I think I shopped myself silly. Friday night we ate dinner with Shawn's Uncle's Family and then went to the Davis county fair and milked some goats, but I forgot my camera....Duh! Saturday we shopped Gateway and let the kids play in the fountain most of the day. Then we left Sunday Morning dark and early and headed home.

It is so good to be home.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing!! Glad you had such a great trip. Hope you had the best birthday ever!! Love you tons awesome girl!!
Dayna

Zumba Girl said...

I really did!!

Birrd said...

You saw the Nortons! How awesome!

Donut falls was my 4th year girl's camp hike. Fun!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!!! Looks like you guys had a ton of fun. It's amazing how kids can sleep anywhere!!!

Audra said...

Awesome shots. It looks beautiful. I want to go! ;)
Vacations are the best.

aaronamywilson said...

Hey Kim,

Cute family! I think your daughter looks just like you. It looks like you have been having a lot of fun!