Saturday, January 12, 2008

Another snowy day....

Well, today is another day full of snow. It is so pretty. I am thankful for the snow...however I would be pleased if it warmed up and rained for a while too. That would be good for my flowerbed in the spring. I LOVE Spring !!
Right now I am making GF Sugar Cookies. They smell so good. I tried them...Wow yummy!! Here's the recipe.... Make sure to frost them so they aren't so dry!!

1 cup Butter , softened
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking powder
3 cups flour

Preheat oven to 400. Cream butter & sugar together with a hand mixer. Beat in Egg and vanilla. Add baking powder and flour one cup at a time, mixing after each addition. Blend last cup in by hand if you want to. Do not chill dough. You can roll to 1/4 inch and cut into shapes immediately or do as I do and roll a ball into your hand... then smash it flat onto the cookie sheet... Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack when done baking.

Ooh these are so yummy!!!! I frosted mine with lemon frosting.

No comments: