Tuesday, December 3, 2013

always sick of eating Gluten free at Restraunts....

I love eating out... Lunch with mom is awesome. I love spending time out with my sweetheart, and friends and whomever wants to dine outside the home is a friend of mine... however... I hate people telling me what I can and cannot eat because I have Celiac disease. Today a waitress told me that I couldn't eat olives and I was blown away.. why? I asked... Because the stuff they are soaked in does something to the gluten , she replied. As to not raise a fuss, I said, can I please get the olives on the side? and then I ate them. They may have been soaked in some kind of alcohol, but there was no reason that I could think of why I shouldn't eat them. It might have been barley that could have, but didn't send me into stomach spasms. I really am a stubborn woman. I know this about myself. The fact that this very nice, but unaware, waitress did not know was that it either has gluten in it, or it doesn't. Olives do not have gluten. If they are stuffed with bread or soaked in barley, malt, or some other gluten source, I understand... I will not eat them. IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHY YOU ARE TELLING ME TO NOT EAT SOMETHING.. GO FIND OUT!!!! This makes me upset. If you are in business to sell food. Educate yourself and your staff on food allergies, or get out of the kitchen! This public service message brought to you today by me.. Yeah.

No comments: