Thursday, November 29, 2007

So sick!!

Today we all have strep throat. Not fun for those of us who actually like to eat. I am one of those. I have had strep for a couple days and finally all the children are getting it one by one. By the time it makes the rounds I should be ready to get it again....no way!! I am not one to take this lying down. I will have them all seen by their nice pediatrician and he will give them all some medication and we will all feel better and not get this anymore!! Ha ha, I WILL WIN!! With that said, I am going to make my favorite coffee cake this morning. I got this recipe from a lady named Theresa Feusi and it is awesome! You can use any kind of GF flour, I use bob's red mill and I make sure it is cooked all the way through. Here you go....

Golden Crunch Coffee Cake

3 Cups GF Flour
1 tsp xanthan gum
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Sift all these ingredients into a small bowl and set aside.

Cream together until light and fluffy
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar

Add eggs one at a time to butter mixture; beating well after each addition
4 eggs

Beat in
1tsp Vanilla

Add alternately beating well after each addition
1 cup milk
Dry ingredients

For crumbly good stuff on top:
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 Tbs butter
2 Tbs GF Flour
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Cut together with a pastry blender

In a greased 13x9" baking pan Spread 1/2 the dough mixture. Sprinkle 1/2 the crumbly good stuff on and then add the other half of the dough followed by the rest of the good stuff. Bake at 350* for 45 minutes or until done. Enjoy warm.

I hope this coffee cake brings you as much happiness as it brings me.

No comments: