Saturday, December 8, 2007

Happy day in the life...

I am so happy!! My hives are getting better for one, and I have a performance today for my little singing group- The Halfnotes. I am so excited to see what they come up with to do today. They are a little mischievous this year and are full of funny things. I will record it and put some of it on the blog. The funny stuff of course.

So , I have another yummy recipe for you all. It is almost cookie plate time and I have been making coconut macaroons which have never required flour and they are delicious!! They are also low fat...but high sugar... aren't most yummy things?

Coconut Macaroons
2 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon real vanilla
2/3 cups sugar
1 cup coconut flakes

Lightly grease a cookie sheet and set aside. In a medium mixing bowl beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar until all of it is incorporated and stiff peaks form. Fold in coconut just until combined. Drop mixture by rounded teaspoon on prepared cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake in 325* oven for about 20 minutes each batch, or until slightly brown on the edges. Cool on wire rack. Makes about 30 cookies.

Yum Yum!!

No comments: