Monday, September 22, 2008

My race...

Ok, so I went to run the women's celebration race in the downpour... I was soaked to the core and shivering for hours afterwards. I didn't realize that I signed up for the wrong wave. I should have signed up for the red wave, it is timed and competetive. I signed up for purple which is untimed - and walkers can walk along with the runners. It was so crowded and their were umbrella's everywhere!! Let me tell you, people with umbrella's are oblivious to people around them. I have no idea how many times I had to dodge an umbrella!! On the positive... I met a really nice gal named Beth. We rode the bus down together and then ran and dodged umbrella's together. She was great company and we are now fast friends. I saw Heather there, and my friend Suzanne. All in all a very social time was had by all. If you watched the news you probably caught a glimpse of me running. I ran quite a bit -especially when I saw a camera...;)
Next year Beth and I are running in the red wave..... No excuses!!

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

whooo hoo! You go girl! and whoa, you got the sexy legs!! ;-)

Shelly said...

I am blog stalking (I found you from the Norton's) and I just wanted to say that any mom who runs is my hero!! You don't see me running anywhere even if there IS a camera around!!